Sunday, January 19, 2014

It is exactly 3:00 AM as I begin this blogging journey.  I have to say, I have been drawn to this concept of "blogging" for about 3 years now, but have not been able to keep in step with any of the blogging attempts I have started. 

My first blog, http://mominrecovery.wordpress.com/,  was a raw, day-by-day emotional journey through the process of becoming a sober alcoholic, walking through an ugly marital separation, recognizing bits and pieces of my broken life, and the process of beginning to pull things together.  I started that blog in the fall of 2010 and continued it consistently through the spring of 2011.  Then, the passion to continue that writing journey just kind of fell away.  I went back a couple of times for an "update" post, but the zeal for that journey was gone.  

In 2012 -13 I started a blog specifically about my journey through recovery from alcoholism. The blog address is http://freedominrecovery.wordpress.com/.   I don't think I'm done with that one, but it feels too specific to really 'branch out' in another direction in my writing.  

So, here I sit.  3:10 AM on Sunday, January 19, 2014.  I feel called to begin a new blogging journey.  The emphasis of this journey is: Today.  For the past 2 years, I have felt called to focus on a particular word.  The word that God placed on my heart this year is the word today.  Each day is such a precious gift.  Today is the very essence of life!  The sad thing is,  I find myself so often lulling over my yesterdays and planning my tomorrows that I have a tendency to miss today!  I sense that this year is going to be a year of todays.  I anticipate a daily dose of writing each day, even though as those words fall from my fingers, I already feel failure looming.  

Therefore, I make the following commitment to myself:  I will take time each day to reflect on today.  There is no word limit.  There is no specific time that I need to write.  At some point between 12:00 AM and 11:59 PM each new day, I commit to writing at least 1 sentence in this blog.  I commit to 365 posts between now and 1/19/2015.  These words will document my journey through the todays of 2014.  I hope you'll take this journey with me.  Who knows what God is going to reveal over the next year?  I am filled with anticipation!


No comments:

Post a Comment